|Skip to content
|Home page
|What's new
|Site map
|Feedback form
|List of access keys
| rating button

Noise the Council is Unable to Assist With

The Council is generally unable to assist with noise complaints where the source is:

  • children playing e.g. in a garden, public space or park

  • speech (talking and shouting) unless unreasonably loud or at unreasonable times

  • day-to-day domestic noise (e.g. lawn mowing, hedge trimming, washing machines, vacuuming etc.)

  • rowdy behaviour outside - this is a |police matter

  • traffic noise (including essential roadworks and maintenance) - see |Highways Agency or |Highways Authority

  • railway noise (including essential maintenance) - see |Network Rail

  • |aircraft noise

Search A-Z of services