|Skip to content
|Home page
|What's new
|Site map
|Feedback form
|List of access keys
| rating button

Varying a Premises Licence
(including specifying a Designated Premises Supervisor)
or Transferring a Premises Licence

How to vary a premises licence

An application to vary a premises licence can be made at any time. The variation can be either major (or full) or minor - brief explanations of both are listed below.

Full or major variation:

The details that you intend to change must be included in the operating schedule.

An application form (see below) needs to be provided along with the following information:

  • a plan of the premises (1:100) (if changing)
  • details of the variation included as part of the 'operating schedule'. This may include new conditions if, for example, the variation is an extension of operational hours, or an addition of an activity, i.e. live music. (This forms part of the application form.)
  • fee (see fees and charges )
  • a copy of application form must be sent to the |responsible authorities
  • you will also be required to advertise the proposed changes.

How to apply for full or major variation

Minor variation:

The minor variations process can only be used for variations that could have no adverse impact on the promotion of any of the four licensing objectives. (These are: the prevention of crime and disorder; public safety; the prevention of public nuisance; and the protection of children from harm.)

It cannot be used to:

  • extend the period for which the licence has effect;
  • transfer the licence from one premises to another;
  • specify, in a premises licence, an individual as the premises supervisor;
  • add the sale by retail or supply of alcohol as an activity authorised by a licence;
  • authorise the sale by retail or supply of alcohol at any time between 11pm and 7am;
  • authorise an increase in the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold by retail or supplied;
  • include the alternative licence condition referred to in section 41D(3) in a premises licence.

How to apply for minor variation

Vary premises licence to specify a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)

Note: To apply online you need to attach a scanned copy of your original premises licence. If you are unable to scan this document please use the PDF |pdf document application forms and submit by post.

If you prefer PDF format |pdf document you must download, complete and return both application forms below together with correct fee:

How to remove the DPS at Community Premises

The committee of a community premises with a premises licence for the sale of alcohol can apply for the condition requiring a Designated Premises Supervisor to be removed. The committee then take responsibility for the sales of alcohol themselves.

How to transfer a premises licence

To apply online there is a single form to complete below:

If you prefer PDF format |pdf document you must download, complete and return both application forms below together with correct fee:

Search A-Z of services