Reusing or Disposing of Large/Bulky Items
If you have large or bulky items which need to be collected, there are a couple of options for you to consider depending on what your items are.
- |My items are suitable for reuse or recycling using the Surrey Reuse Network Collection
Fridges, washing machines, furniture and other large electrical items will usually be suitable for reuse or recycling as long they have been kept dry. The Surrey Reuse Network can collect up to 5 household items from your home for just £25. Items which they can't reuse will be recycled so it's worth checking with them whether they can collect your items.
- |My items require a Special Collection to be disposed of
If your items are not suitable for reuse you may be able to have them collected by the Council on a Special Collection from as little as £34.
Use our |Recycling A to Z to see if your item can be reused or recycled
Alternative ways to dispose of unwanted items
- You may be able to take your items to a |Community Recycling Centre
- Use a 'non profit' organisation, allowing people to post unwanted items for others to collect for free, such as |free2collect or |freecycle
- If you are interested in giving your furniture away please contact the |Surrey Reuse Network for more information
- Have a look at our |Reduce, reuse & recycle page for a list of websites where you can give away or sell your items
If you have any enquiries please contact the |Environmental Services team.