How do you rate this information /service?
Using Your Recycling Collection Service
Every fortnight we collect your recycling from your blue top wheeled bin. This is on the alternate week to your refuse collection. Since 2011 you've been able to put even more more plastics in your recycling bin. You can watch the short film below to find out more about which plastics can go, or |check the list here.
Recycling Video (|Recycling Video Transcript)
First Available 6/12/2011
How to use the recycling service
- Only place loose recyclable materials, individually into your bin
- Do not place them in a plastic bag or other wrapping
- A bundle of cardboard boxes, flattened and tied with string, can be placed next to your recycling bin every collection
- On collection day, place your recycling bin at the boundary of your property
Top tips for recycling
- Remove plastic lids from containers and put them in your recycling bin separately
- Rinse out containers
- Recycle meat trays and other food trays but remove any plastic film first
- Take juice cartons, called Tetra-Paks, to your local recycling centre where Tetra-Pak have their own collection bank
- Keep a separate bin or box indoors to store recyclable material
- Flatten cardboard boxes
- Sign up to the |Mailing Preference Service to stop unwanted mail from being put through you door
- You can also opt out of unaddressed mail using the |Royal Mail opt out service
- If something can't be put in your recycling bin, check our |Recycling A to Z to see if it can be reused, recycled or taken to a |Recycling Centre.
More on recycling
- |Find out what happens to the collected recycling
- |More about waste policies and waste management in Surrey
Recycling for businesses?
If you're a business and your interested in adopting greener practises visit the |Surrey Green Steps to find out how.