The Relief Carers scheme offers a range of support and respite services for carers and people living with memory loss.
What we offer
- 11 specialist day care groups at our 7 centres for the community
- a sitting service which enables the carer to have a break
- general advice and annual training for carers
- monthly support groups including Alz Café
- signposting to services to support both carer and cared for
- community transport to the centres for the community
We have a range of other services including community alarm and telecare which provides equipment and services to people living with memory loss such as pill dispensers, pendant alarms and more.
A new piece of equipment, called the Memory Diary, can provide up to 20 prompts which can be set daily, weekly or monthly and has proved to be a great assistance to people in maintaining existing daily routines and sustaining independence.
For further information on the services available contact us on 01372 474547 or email Relief Care team.